When people do not recycle household waste, the tendency is to consume more products that are harmful to the environment. Some of these products include styrofoam, single-use plastics, and other non-biodegradable materials.
Global warming, natural disasters, and other environmental hazards are just a few of the negative effects people face. In fact, these are the consequences of insufficient information about recycling. Check out these recycling facts and think about what you can do about it.
The Basics of Recycling
In order to fight against global warming, different recycling facts must be taught to people in schools, offices, workplaces, and other places. The idea of recycling is very easy; however, it is always a question of why we need to recycle. Government agencies and private organizations are continually finding ways to recycle without making too much effort and getting more benefits.
Here are some practical tips that can have a big impact on the environment:
– One of the common facts of recycling is the use of plastics and other non-biodegradable products. The world is filled with garbage due to the use of materials that are not environmentally friendly. If the use of plastic is unavoidable, dispose of it properly or reuse rather than throw it away.
– Recycling and the use of paper instead of plastic are widely reported. As mentioned, plastic is not biodegradable and paper is a good alternative. It is better to use paper bags instead of plastic bags, as this material is environmentally friendly.
– Even glass can be recycled according to color and this is preferred by most recycling centers. Things like Pyrex, light bulbs, mirrors, and sheet glass should be separated since they are not accepted by recycling centers, so it is best to re-use or dispose of them properly.
– Containers made of tin cans are first flattened before they can be recycled. For foil and aluminum foil packaging, they are processed into aluminum mechanical components such as engine parts.
– In the case of electronic devices, some disposal facts indicate that they must be disposed of properly. Recycling ideas can mean donating them to charity, sending them to companies that can repair them, or selling them to companies that recycle them.
Recycling is being promoted in different parts of the world. In addition to the purposes of recycling, authorities, and experts also explain how we should dispose of them. Some people still do not see the positive effects of recycling, so it is necessary to intensively disseminate information in order to bring good news to people.
Here are some facts about recycling that everyone should be aware of:
- A ton of recycled paper can save energy equal to 185 gallons of gasoline. If we continue to recycle paper, more gasoline will be saved and preserved.
- Aluminum cans are also recyclable, and each ton is equivalent to over 1600 gallons of gasoline.
- Recycling can be fun and there are creative ways to do it. Instead of using gift wrapping and plastic bags, use recyclable bags available from department stores. Aside from saving the environment, it becomes a fashionable bag that you can carry with you wherever you go.
- To save money on buying air fresheners for your home, use the peel of fruits that give a fresh scent, such as grapefruit, orange, and lime. This is highly recommended because dried fruit peels are biodegradable.
- If you love buying plastic containers, do not throw them away after use. Instead, use them to store old toys, screws, tools, and other small items to prevent loss.
- If you have unused plastic cups, cardboard, dishes, or rolls of toilet paper, you can use them for any kind of craftwork. Part of recycling is teaching kids how to make something out of scrap metal.
- Make Recycling a Habit
Recycling should start in your own home. Before aiming for a big goal, start with small goals that are easy to achieve. Children and other family members should be taught to recycle waste at home. With joint efforts, recycling is bound to be successful.
Recycling may require additional effort and time at first. However, as you get used to it, you will find it very useful and interesting. Every container made of plastic, paper, or glass will have a second use, and you will soon realize how beneficial this can be.
If everyone will take part in the recycling of waste, this place will become a better place to live in. This means that there will be no more global warming, natural disasters, and catastrophes that people will face.
Aluminum Recycling Facts
Along with other materials, the advantages of aluminum products are achieved due to the fact of recycling aluminum. This kind of material is widely used; therefore, it is necessary to minimize its waste.
Just like plastic, aluminum also imposes harm to the environment, but with the right knowledge and best practices, recycling aluminum becomes very easy.
While there are a number of products that make use of aluminum, people can start with what is widely used or abundant. To encourage people to include aluminum on their list of recyclable materials, here are some aluminum recycling facts that everyone should know about:
– When the aluminum product is disposed of in a landfill, its decomposition period is within 80-100 years. If everyone throws away one aluminum product a day, imagine how much space this waste would take before it breaks down.
– If aluminum products are recycled, it can save energy that can power up a TV that will last up to three hours.
How to Recycle Aluminum Products?
The whole process of recycling aluminum can be very simple depending on the desire and enthusiasm of the person. Environmentalists and enthusiasts can take on this challenge wholeheartedly. To inspire more people, they came up with facts about recycling aluminum that everyone can easily follow.
– The most common type of aluminum is found in soda cans, tuna cans, soup cans, and others. After use, it is advised to collect them all in one container and hand them over to a recycling facility.
– Once it reaches the recycling facility, it will be transported to scrap processing companies, where it will be collected and placed in large bales.
– Once properly packed, they are sent to different aluminum companies for stripping, shredding, crushing, and incineration until they look like potato chips. These shavings are then cut and melted into new aluminum. The newly made material is then poured into sheets and cut to the required size and thickness.
– After that, it will be molded into desired shapes, so they can be used again as cans, containers, and for other purposes.
Once recycled, aluminum can be used for a variety of purposes, such as airplanes, boats, bicycles, computers, electrical wiring, and cookware parts.
So to reap all of these benefits, let us all do our part and start by spreading the facts about recycling to everyone we know.